Wessels Hall

Location

602 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1175

Wessels Memorial Hall was erected in 1930 and named after Wessel Wessels at the specific request of Mary B. Pell, in honor of her father. Mary B. Pell died in 1913 and her will provided $2 million to be divided among Rutgers University, Columbia University and the Dutch Reformed Church. In 1928 Rutgers received $140,000 from the Mary B. Pell estate for construction of a residence hall. Source: Catalouge of Buildings and Place Names at Rutgers.

Building number: 
3053
Campus: 
College Avenue