Pell Hall

Location

606 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1175

Pell Hall was erected in 1930 and named after Mary Bogart Pell, daughter of Wessel Wessels. When Mrs. Pell died in 1913 her will stipulated that $2 million be divided among Rutgers University, Columbia University, and the Dutch Reformed Church. In 1928, Rutgers received $400,000 from the Mary B. Pell estate for construction of a residence hall (Wessels Memorial Hall.) Source: Catalouge of Buildings and Place Names at Rutgers.

Building number: 
3055
Campus: 
College Avenue