Old Queens

Location

83 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1281

Old Queens, originally called the Queens Building was erected in 1809. It was named after Charlotte Sophia the wife of George III, King of England. Charlotte Sophia was the youngest daughter of Charles Lewis, brother of Frederic, third Duke of Mecklenburg- Strelitz. She married George III on Sept.8, 1761 and was crowned on Sept. 22. Queen Charlotte was buried in St. George's Chapel, Winsdor. Source: Catalogue of Building and Place Names at Rutgers.

Offices: 
Div of Continuing Studies, VP
Exec VP for Academic Affairs
President's Office
SA-Student Affairs, VP
Senior VP & CFO
Undergraduate Education
University Budgeting
University Communications & Marketing
Building number: 
3000
Campus: 
College Avenue