This building was named after Harry C. McLean and approved by the Board of Governors, October 12, 1973. He was the first residue chemist in NJ. McLean earned a B.S. at Kansas Agricultural College in 1908; M.S. in 1916 and a Ph.D. in 1918 from Rutgers; joined the staff in 1910; established practical ways to clean fruit coated with excessive arsenic residue at the State Normal School in Glassboro when the State Department of Agriculture enabled investigation; was put in charge of the work and the lab was moved to the Experimentation Station; also did research on soil problems; member of the Soil Science Department; retired around 1947. Source: Catalogue of Buildings and Place Names at Rutgers.