College Hall

Location

125 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1414

College Hall was originally constructed as a private residence by Levi D. Jarred, a local merchant and political figure. John N. Carpender, a trustee and graduate of Rutgers, purchased it in 1880. In 1918, the building was leased from the Carpender family for the newly established College for Women (now Douglass College) and became known as College Hall and soon after the mansion was purchased by Rutgers.

Offices: 
Douglass Residential College
SAS - Dean's Office
Building number: 
8300
Campus: 
Douglass