Carpender Hall

Location

105 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1414

This building, named after Mr. and Mrs. Edwin R. Carpender, was erected in 1880. Home of Edwin R. and Elovine Carpender; Edwin Carpender (died Oct., 1964) was the nephew of John N. Carpender-- original owner of College hall; Elovine Carpender (died Oct., 13, 1968) was one of the founders of the Urban League in New Brunswick and the first woman member of the Federal Housing Authority; prominent among Republican women in NJ and was elected a delegate to the convention for the repeal of the 18th Amendment to the US constitution; the building was occupied in October, 1948, for faculty offices. Source: Catalogue of Buildings and Place Names at Rutgers.

Offices: 
SAS - Spanish & Portuguese
Building number: 
8312
Building code: 
CPH
Campus: 
Douglass